Saturday, September 24, 2011

A dozen secrets for better Time Management

If you squander your time, you waste your life; as it is the stuff life is made of. – Albert Einstein

Here are a dozen secrets to manage your time/life better:
1. Have Goals: Goals are often the axle around which the wheel of life turns. Without goals there is no motivation to manage time more efficiently. Have SMART goals and write them down. Writing goals brings clarity. It gives you focus and helps utilizing time in the direction of your goals.
 
            


2. Prepare Covey Time Management Matrix: Prepare your own Stephen Covey Time Management Matrix and try to eliminate time spent in Q4, minimize Q1 & Q3 and maximize time spent in Q2. All the great people of the world spend time in Q2 which is not urgent but important for long term success.


3. Increase your time awareness: Better awareness leads to better choices and with better choices, you reap better results. Get to know where the time is going? Get aware of every minute of your 24 hours and plan your day. Remember, failing to plan is actually planning to fail; so plan your work and be organized.   


4. Make Time Table: In school/college, we used to study 6 subjects in just 5 hours of time and not only this; we found time for sports / library / internet too. This is the magic of Time Table. Just imagine a college without time table – it won’t really be a college then. Prepare your own time table now which incorporates your job, rest, recreational activities and spending time with your family – and yes, do not contaminate your family time by television. You might not be able to follow this in first time but keep on trying to stick to it until you succeed. It helps. At least schedule few major and more important activities and take them on priority.


5. Prioritize your tasks and learn to say no to time wasters: Most important things should never be sacrificed on the cost least important ones.


6. Utilize bigger chunks of time: 2 to 3 hours in the morning (which people waste in sleeping till late) and 2 to 3 hours every evening (which people waste by being a couch potato and draining the energy to idiot box/TV), 48 hours on weekend. Learn to utilize these big chunks of time in the things which really matter to you most.


7. Use Transition Time: Use transition time like your lunch break, commuting time or waiting time. I would suggest never leave your place without a book in your hand. I have found out that if we use smaller chunks of time (waiting time); we can read 25 pages every day which equals to 750 pages a month and this means 36 books (considering 250 pages in each book) in a year with no extra time. I know a friend, he listens a dozen audio books every month while commuting in his car.


8. Use aides: Use tools like post-it notes, to do lists, calendar, diary, reminders etc. Start using ‘Things to do’ lists and ‘Things not to do lists’ as well. Not doing unproductive things is equally important as doing productive things.  


9. Wake up early: You can get 7 hours extra a week by getting up one hour early every morning. Believe me this one hour can be very productive and has potential to become most supportive habit to realize your dreams. In this extra quiet hour you can plan your day, go for jogging or read something motivational. Reading great books in the morning gives me hope of better life and enthusiasm to my actions.


10.    Be Punctual: ‘Punctuality is the politeness of kings’, said the king of France. Being punctual alone will develop your reputation as intelligent, dependable, valuable, reliable, hard working and mature person while not being punctual will do exactly opposite for you. If you are punctual then you get habitual for completing things on time and this will make you effective and efficient in Time Manager.


11.    Learn to say NO: Say no to every activity which does not help you in reaching to your goal. Please do not get me wrong, refueling is must. You must do recreational things which boost your vigor and improve performance.


12.    Review: Never take anything for granted. Once you decide to become a great time manager, do some mid-term reviews to find if you are on track? If you are off track, immediately get back and get going. Review and evaluate yourself on all the above discussed points.

I invite you to follow the blog.    

35 comments:

  1. It is actually a nice and useful piece of information. I’m
    glad that you shared this helpful information with us.
    Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.
    avg ultimate crack
    photopad image editor crack
    filesalvage crack
    serif affinity designer crack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot!
    avg secure search crack
    cyberlink powerdvd ultra 19 crack
    gameloop android emulator crack

    ReplyDelete


  3. Hi, I wanted to say I like this article.
    It was inspiring. Keep sending!
    acronis true image crack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it,
    you happen to be a great author.I will remember to bookmark your blog and may come back in the future.
    I want to encourage that you continue your great writing, have
    a nice weekend!
    adobe photoshop elements 2019 crack
    korg m1 vst crack
    revo uninstaller pro crack
    dvdfab passkey lite crack
    dvdfab passkey lite crack

    ReplyDelete
  5. I needed to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely
    loved every bit of it. I’ve got you bookmarked to check
    out new stuff you post…
    videopad video editor crack
    captain chords vst crack

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there! One of my Facebook groups shared this website with us.
    I came to see him too. I really like this information. I am making a book and sending it to my fans via Twitter!
    norton internet security
    anydvd
    microsoft toolkit 2 6 8 and office 2020 latest
    autocad autodesk crack

    ReplyDelete
  7. this sit is very beatifull post Please let me know where you got your theme and thanks for sharing
    prism video file converter crack
    switch audio file converter
    fl studio crack


    ReplyDelete

  8. This is very attention-grabbing, You’re an overly skilled blogger.
    I’ve joined your feed and look ahead to seeking more of your great post.
    Additionally, I have shared your site in my social networks

    bulk image downloader crack
    high school simulator
    mp4 downloader pro crack
    360 total security crack
    asap launcher apk

    ReplyDelete

  9. This is very attention-grabbing, You’re an overly skilled blogger.
    I’ve joined your feed and look ahead to seeking more of your great post.
    Additionally, I have shared your site in my social networks



    tech tool store license
    usb disk security crack
    doneex vbacompiler for excel crack
    jdisc-discovery crack
    hunters assassin apk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hаving reаd this I thoᥙght it was гeally enlightening.
    Ι appreciate you finding the timе and effort to put thіѕ informative
    article tߋgether. I օnce again find myself spending a lot of time
    Ƅoth reading and commenting. Вut so what, it was stіll
    worth it!
    showbox apk cracked

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there it’s me, I am also visiting this web page on a regular
    basis, this web site is actually good and the users are truly
    sharing fastidious thoughts.
    deep freeze crack
    jr typing tutor
    microsoft office 2016
    vuescan serial number crack
    mx player apk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed!
    Extremely helpful info specifically the last part
    I care for such info much. I was seeking this particular info for a very long time.
    Thank you and good luck.
    razer surround pro crack
    iobit unlocker crack
    avg driver updater crack
    driver talent pro
    radmin vpn crack
    total video converter crack

    ReplyDelete
  13. It’s not my first time to pay a quick visit this web
    site, i am visiting this site dailly and obtain fastidious data from here
    daily.


    ntlite crack
    inpaint
    maple professional crack
    1password
    bigo live apk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love your blog.. Great colors & theme.
    Did you develop this website yourself? Please reply
    back as I’m hoping to create my own site and would love to know
    where you got this from or just what the theme is named.
    Thank you!
    unipdf full crack

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love your blog.. Great colors & theme.
    Did you develop this website yourself? Please reply
    back as I’m hoping to create my own site and would love to know
    where you got this from or just what the theme is named.
    Thank you!
    bandicut crack

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog stand out.
    Please let me know where you got your design. Bless you

    windows 10 product key
    recuva
    eventsentry light crack
    pokemon go apk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog stand out.
    Please let me know where you got your design. Bless you
    remo all activation key
    adobe dreamweaver cc
    avast premier crack
    my notes keeper crack
    airport city apk

    ReplyDelete
  18. After looking over a number of the blog posts on your
    the site beutiful post this is good working of site
    ip camera recorder crack
    smartdraw crack
    mirillis action crack

    ReplyDelete

  19. Please let me know if you are looking for an author for your blog.
    You have some very good posts and I think I would be a good help.
    If you ever want to get rid of some of the pregnancy, I'd love to
    write content for your blog in exchange for a backlink to mine.
    Please send me an email if you are interested. Thanks!
    driver booster pro crack
    safe exam browser
    origin pro crack
    balabolka with crack

    ReplyDelete


  20. Fantastic blog! What advice do you have for aspiring writers?
    I hope to start my page soon, but I am a bit
    lost in total. Would you suggest starting with
    a free platform like WordPress, or do you opt for the paid option? There are so many options that I am completely overwhelmed.
    Some suggestions? Thank you! aiseesoft blu ray player
    iobit start menu
    luminar crack
    freemake video converter

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, amazing block structure! How long
    Have you written a blog before? Working on a blog seems easy.
    The overview of your website is pretty good, not to mention what it does.
    In the content!
    vstpatch.net
    Cubase Crack
    Articulate Storyline Crack
    Rapid SEO Tool Crack
    Franzis CutOut Professional Crack
    UniPDF Crack

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for the wonderful post! It was a pleasure to read; you have the gift of the written word.
    I am sure I can never solve this problem.
    I find it extremely complex and extensive.
    I can't wait to read your next post. I am doing my best to do it.
    to approve!
    dll files fixer crack
    ccleaner pro crack
    4k video downloader crack
    unipdf crack

    ReplyDelete
  23. I want to establish a blog soon, but I don't know anything about coding, so I need some advice.
    from a real-life success storey.
    Thank you for any help you may provide.
    savour the good fortune!
    coreldraw graphics suite 11 crack
    coreldraw graphics suite x3 crack
    internet download manager crack

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your writing and structure have greatly impressed me.
    blog Was this something you purchased, or did you make the changes yourself?
    Whatever the situation may be, the most important thing is to listen to new music with high-quality lyrics.
    It's rare to come across a blog of this calibre today.
    final draft crack
    avg pc tuneup crack
    windows server 2016 crack
    smadav antivirus crack

    ReplyDelete
  25. I generally like the blog and I really respect your content.
    The whole thing is going nicely here and ofcourse every one
    is sharing information, genuinely good.Thanks
    microsoft office 2016 crack
    daemon tools ultra crack
    smartdraw crack
    outlook recovery toolbox crack

    ReplyDelete
  26. Excellent posting. I have constantly checked this blog and I am impressed!
    Very useful information, especially the last part. I care a lot about this information.
    I've been looking for this special information for a long time.
    Thanks and good luck.
    roguekiller portable crack
    advanced systemcare ultimate crack
    visual studio crack
    jetbrains clion crack

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fantastic and useful information.
    I'm glad to hear you're doing well.
    Thanks for providing this useful information! Please keep us posted.
    Here you go. Thanks for sharing.
    obd auto doctor license key
    pluraleyes crack
    coreldraw 2018 crack
    pixellu smartalbums crack

    ReplyDelete
  28. Woah! This site's template/theme appeals to me much.
    It's straightforward, yet it's effective. Getting the "perfect balance" might be difficult at times.
    between excellent usability and aesthetics, I think you did a fantastic job on this.
    Furthermore, the blog is quite rapid to load.
    I'm using Firefox. Fantastic website!
    spyhunter crack
    ashampoo burning studio crack
    advanced x64componentspm crack
    tiny media manager crack

    ReplyDelete

  29. Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thanks, However I am having troubles with your RSS. I don’t understand the reason why I am unable to join it. Is there anybody having the same RSS issues? Anyone that knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanx!!
    mutant year zero road to eden seed of evil crack
    vlc apk
    recordify crack
    avast premie crack
    granblue fantasy relink crack
    eset nod32 antivirus crack
    datakit crossmanager crack

    ReplyDelete
  30. Update first every week new game not monotonous You get to play a new kind of game
    affinity designer crack
    serato dj lite crack/
    sam broadcaster pro crack

    ReplyDelete